A comparative and critical analysis of the major ethical theories of the east and the west. Central ethical concepts such as good and bad, and the significance and validation of moral judgments will be discussed in detail.
· Hindu, Buddhist (Theravada and Mahayana), Chinese, Zoroastrian, Greek, Modern and Contemporary ethical theories and analyses
· Central ethical concepts: Good and Bad; Rights and Duties; Freewill and Determinism; Punishment, Relationship of ethics to Science, Medicine and Liberation,
1. Broad, C.D.1930. Five Types of Ethical Theory.London: Kegan Paul.
2. Dharmasiri, Gunapala.1989. Fundamentals of Buddhist Ethics. California, Golden Leaves.
3. Mackenzie, John, S.1961. Manual of Ethics. London, University Tutorial Press.