The course deals with the application of ethical theories and principles which the students learnt in the 1st Semester of the Third year, to the following areas and themes of human society.
· Genetics (cloning research);
· Animal Rights;
· Child Abuse;
· Intellectual Property Rights.
1. Barry, V. (ed.) Moral Issues in Business. Belmont, C.A. Wadsworth
2. Glays, B. The Ethical bases of Science. Science 150.
3. Ray Billington . 1995. Living Philosophy : An Introduction to Moral Thoughts 2nd Edition, London, Routledge & Kegan Paul.
4. Resnik, D.B. The Ethics of Science. London, Routledge & Kegan Paul.
5. Rodd, R.1990. Biology, Ethics and Animals. Oxford, Clarendon Press.
6. Veatch, R.1997. Medical Ethics. 2nd Ed., Boston, Jones & Bartlett.
Relevant Reading Material are available in the Department of Philosophy & Psychology