- B.A (First Class Hons. – Political Science), 2004, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Diploma in Public Administration and Public Policy, 2009 – SLIDA, Sri Lanka (to be completed)
- MPhil– Reading (University of Peradeniya)
- Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka (03rd September 2018 to the Present).
- Lecturer, Department of Public Policy, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka (15th February 2016 to 02nd September 2018).
- Assistant Director / Economic affairs: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka (04th November 2014 to 14th February 2016).
- Head Consul; The Consulate of Sri Lanka, Chengdu China (17th July 2010 to 31st Oct 2014).
- Chief of Sri Lankan affairs for Sichuan, Shaanxi, Guizhou, Yunnan Provinces and Chongqing Municipality.
- Third Secretary; the Embassy of Sri Lanka, Beijing, China (09th September to 17th July 2010).
- Assistant Director (Overseas Administration); Ministry of External Affairs, Sri Lanka (18th May 2009 to 09th September 2009).
- Acting Director; Information Technology Resource Development, Western Provincial Council, Sri Lanka (2008 to 18th May 2009).
- Assistant Director; Chief Secretary’s Office, Western Provincial Council, Sri Lanka (02nd of January 2007 to 18th May 2009)
- Assistant Divisional Secretary; Hakmana Divisional Secretariat, Sri Lanka (02nd October 2006 to 02nd January 2007).
- Assistant Lecturer (Political Science); University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka (01st November 2004 to 02nd October 2006).
- Political and Social Theory, Political Sociology, International Relations & Foreign Policy, Democracy, Democratization and Globalization, Social & Political Justice.
- An Introduction to Feminism (in Sinhalese; Sthree Purusha Sammaja Bhawaya Pilibanda Hadinweemak) – with Prof. Kamala Liyanage, 2006, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Colombo.
Awards and scholarships
- The University Award for Academic Excellence : The Best Performance of the Academic Year
NATIONAL LEVEL CONTRIBUTION
Programme Coordinator – Institute of constitutional Studies of Sri Lanka. (Areas – Constitutionalism, Democracy, Human Rights).
Resource Persons Panelist – Sri Lanka Institute of Local Government. (Areas- Democracy, Good Governance, Local Government Politics, Gender Equality).
Resource Person – Sri Lanka Foundation (Areas – Governance, Local Government and Politics, Democracy, Constitutionalism).
Member, Editorial Committee - G.C.E Advanced Level (political Science) Teachers Guidance.
Member, Module Paper Designing Committee – G.C.E Advanced Level (Political Science).
Official Delegate of Sri Lanka - 15th Meeting of the Council of Ministers, Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), 23rd October 2015, Padang, Indonesia.
Official Delegate and Co-representative of Sri Lanka - 17th Meeting of the Council of Senior Officials, Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), 21 – 22nd October 2015, Padang, Indonesia.
Official Delegate and Co-representative of Sri Lanka - 16th Meeting of the Council of Senior Officials, Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), Mauritius. June 2015.
Subject Specialist – Preparatory Committee for UN Human Rights Sessions, Geneva, Switzerland, 2015.
Country Representative – Asia-Pacific Security and Maritime Politics Forum, January 2014, Beijing, China.
Chief Official Representative of Sri Lanka – Education Forum for Asia, 21 – 23rd September, 2012, Chengdu, China.
Participant and Faculty Representative – Peace & Beyond Conference under British Council Transform Project, 09 – 12th April, 2018. Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.