The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the nature of Guidance and Counseling and the theoretical foundation of counseling.
Introduction to Guidance & counseling , Needs of Counseling for contemporary societies, Ethical foundation in counseling, Theories of counseling.
1. Glading, S.T.1996. Counseling Comprehensive Profession, United States of America Prentice-Hall, inc.
2. Indu, Dave.1984. The Basis Essentials of Counseling. India, Sterling publishers.
3. Nayak, A.K.1997. Guidance and Counseling. New Delhi, APH publishing cooperation.
4. Osipow, S.H.1980. A Survey of Counseling Methods. The Dorsey press, United States of America.
5. Pippa, Alsop.1993. How to cope with Childhood stress. Essex U.K. Longman Group, UK Ltd.
6. Sharf, R.S.2000. Theories of Psychotherapy & Counseling concepts & cases. U.S.A. Wordsworth Thompson learning.