Dr. Chamini Guruge is a Senior Lecturer attached to The Department of Sinhala, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. She earned her BA (Hons.) in Sinhala from The University of Peradeniya and MPhil in Sinhala from The University of Peradeniya.
- PhD (China)
- MPhil (Peradeniya)
- BA (Peradeniya)
- Senior Lecturer in Sinhala, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Lecturer in Sinhala, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Sinhala, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2002-2006.
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Humanities, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, Mihinthale (2007).
Research and Publications (selected)
- A Psychological analysis of Sarachchandra’s Drama: A case study of Maname, Post graduate Research Symposium, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2004.
- A Study of the concept of ‘Killa’ in the Sinhalese folklore and Literature, Peradeniya University Research Session (PURSE), 2010
- Sahan eliya- Kavya sangrahaya, 2004
- Maname and Singhabahu- A Psychological analysis (Book), 2005
- Polonnaru Ugaye Gruhanirmana Shilpayehi atiu Vikarana(Book), 2005
- Kurulu pancha (Children’s Story Book), 2007
Memberships & Awards
- Life time member of Alumni Association of University of Peradeniya (AAUP)
- Executive committee member of Society for the Integration of Science and Human values
- Executive committee member of Central Province Writers Association, Kandy
- Gate Mudliyar AG Thilakarathne Research Fellowship for M.phil Degree programme. 2005/2006
Will be updated soon