Dr. Darshani Gunathilake is a Senior Lecturer attached to The Department of Sinhala, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. She earned her BA (Hons.) in Sinhala from The University of Peradeniya in 1994 and MPhil in Sinhala from The University of Peradeniya in 2002. Subsequently, she obtained her PhD from The Central University of Hyderabad, India in 2010.
- PhD (India)
- MPhil (Peradeniya)
- BA (Peradeniya)
- Senior Lecturer in Sinhala, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 01. 01. 2002 to date
- Lecturer (Probationary) in Sinhala, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 24. 02. 1996 - 31. 12. 2001
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 25. 03. 1995 - 23. 02. 1996
- Tutor, Department of Sinhala, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 13. 02. 1995 - 24. 03. 1995
- ICOSAL 9TH International Conference, (07-09 January 2010) Central University, Patiala, Punjab, India.
- Presented a paper (in absentia) on “Methods of Translating Buddhist Texts”
- 31st All-India Conference of Linguists Centre for Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies, (CALTS) 15-17 December 2009.
- Participated and presented a poster on “Translating Buddhist Texts 5TH Century BC in India”.
- International workshop on Language, Culture and Translation (19-21 Feb.2007) CALTS, University of Hyderabad, India.19-21 February 2007.
- Participated and presented a paper on “Translating English Short Stories in to Sinhala”
- International seminar (under universities with Potentialities for Excellence Program on Academic foundations of Buddhism. (10-12 Feb, 2007)) Department of Philosophy, Central University of Hyderabad.
- Participated and presented a paper on “Women depicted in Buddhism”.
a. Classical Works:
- Kawsilumina Reethiya (a stylistic study on (“Kawsilumina”)
b. Creative works:
- 1995- Sanhinda (a collection of poetry)
- 2012- Nava Sanda (to be published)
- 2012- Visi wasarakta pasu (to be published)
- 2002”Sulochana” an annual magazine of the Cultural Center of University of Peradeniya.
- “Problem situation of Buddha” by R. Gombrich and Anuradha Senevirathne Felicitation Volume, S. Godage. Sri Lanka, 2005.
- Few chapters of “The Monastic City of Anuradhapur” by Anuradha Senevirathne, Department of Archeology, Sri Lanka. 1995
Memberships & Awards
- Gate Mudliar Thilakarathne Scholarship for MPhil, 1995-1997.
- University Scholarship for the best results. University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya. 1994.
- Wilhelm Fellowship ISLE Program, Bowdoin College,(USA) 2003-2006.
- Friedrich Ebert Spiftung scholarship, Adams Avenue, Colombo-04, Sri Lanka, 2002.
- NCAS University Grand Commission Scholarship, Sri Lanka. 2005-2008.
|Diploma in Counseling
||Sri Lanka Institute of Foundation
||Faculty of Arts,
University of Peradeniya,
|University Teachers Training Program
||UGC Teachers Training Unit,
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya,
||National Library Service, Colombo,