General Education in Kandy; University Education at Peradeniya and Ohio.
- BA (Hons) in English, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka (2007)
- MA in Linguistics, Ohio University, Ohio, USA (2012)
- PhD in Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University, Ohio, USA (2016)
- Co-Editor, The Sri Lanka Journal of the Humanities (SLJH) – May 2017 onwards
- Language Editor, University of Peradeniya News (the Newsletter of the University of Peradeniya) – May 2017 onwards
- Chairperson, Faculty Quality Assurance Cell (FQAC), Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya - March 2019 onwards
Critical Discourse Analysis, Philosophy of Language, Language and Power, Language and Myth
- “‘So Black, So Beautiful’: The Western Idea of Race in Peter Brook’s Reconceptualization of the Mahabharata” Phoenix: Journal of the Sri Lanka Association of Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies, Ed. S.W. Perera and Nihal Fernando. Forthcoming.
- “The Transition from Myth to Art from a Losevian Perspective: An Analysis of the Culladhanuggaha Jātaka as Myth and Its Transition into Sri Lankan Folk and Classical Theatre” in The Sri Lanka Journal of the Humanities, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2014, p. 1-20.
- “The Chulladhanuddara Jātaka in Sri Lankan Folk and Contemporary Theatre: What Does This Transition Say about the Nature of Myth and Art?” in NAAAS (National Association of African American Studies) and Affiliates 2014 Conference Monograph Series, p. 899-925.
- “Rethinking the ‘Native Speaker’/‘Nonnative Speaker’ Dichotomy” in The Sri Lanka Journal of the Humanities, Vol. 39, No. 1, 2013, p. 37-50.
- “Resistance and Reinforcement: Rethinking the Underclass Commercial Sex Worker Discourse in Sri Lanka” in The Sri Lanka Journal of the Humanities, Vol. 38, No. 1, 2012, p. 25-41.
- “The Need to Go beyond Linguistics for an Effective and Meaningful Study of Language: The Case of Veddah Language Studies” in Phoenix: Sri Lanka Journal of English in the Commonwealth, Vol. 9, 2012 (Sri Lanka Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies)
Memberships and Awards
- InterArts Excellence and Diversity Fellowship 2014-2015, School of Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University
- Seigfred Award 2014-2015 (for outstanding performance in oral and written comprehensive examinations, coursework, and teaching), School of Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University
- Member of Modern Language Association (MLA) – July 2017 onwards
- Member of Sri Lanka Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (SLACLALS) – August 2011 onwards