Mr. Manoj Sumeda Bandara Alawathukotuwa
Department of Fine Arts,
University of Peradeniya,
I was born in Kandy in1976.Completed primary/Secondary education in
Kingswood College, Kandy, Mphil and BA degrees in the University of
Peradeniya, Sri Lanka respectively in 2002and 2009.I have been reading
my PhD degree in the department of Music, University of Delhi, India.
|* BA (Peradeniya)
* M.Phil. ( Peradeniya)
|* Lecturer Confirmed
* Department of Music, University of Kelaniya , Kelaniya
* Faculty of Performing Arts, “Sripali Campus”, Wewala, Horana, Colombo
|* ISLE Wilhelm Fellowship
* National Centre for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Science
(NCES) Grant 2010 Sri Lanka
* International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Development
Bureau Fellowship 2009, Geneva , Switzerland
|* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B.,
(2010) “Traditional Technology and Customs
behind the Process of Making Drums as a Cultural Heritage in Sri Lanka
”. Conference of the Cultural Heritage of Performing Arts over Future
Internet, KAIST Graduate School of Culture Technology, Daejeon,
Republic of Korea, October 2010.
* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B.,(2009) “An Ethno-Archeological Study of Drum
Making in Sri Lanka ”. Conference Proceedings, The City University of
New York , September 2009, P 09
* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B.,(2008) “Embedding Western Music Instruments in
Sri Lankan Temple Paintings of the Life Of the Lord Buddha(Music
Iconographic study)” Conference Proceedings, Otego University, New
Zealand, June 2008,P 01
|* North Indian Music,
Musicology and Ethnomusicology
M.S.B.,(2004). Musical Signs of Folk Dramas in Sri
Lanka ( Sinhala Medium). Colombo : S. Godage Brothers.
* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B., 2008. “Music of Dalada Procession”, sacred
culture of the Tooth relic of the Lord Buddha. D.R. Herath and others,
ed. Kandy : Council of central province, December. 31-39 pages.
* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B., 2005: Music and Communication (Sinhala Medium)
.Madya wimarshi. No 04 University of Kelaniya. PP75-83.
* Alawathukotuwa M.S.B., 2004. Music used in Funeral rites of Sinhalese
Buddhists in Sri Lanka an Ethnomusicological study (Sinhala Medium).
Induwara sociological research journal. No 02, PP 377-388.
|* Execrative Committee
member of the Asia Pacific Cultural Committee
* Co-Coordinator of the Special Needs Recourse Centre, Faculty of Arts
* Senior student Counselor, University of Peradeniya in 2010
* Treasure of the of Arts faculty teachers union (FUTA) from 2010.09.18
* Member of the University Research Sessions of the University of
Peradeniya from 2007
* Member of the University Convocation Committee of the University of
Peradeniya from 2002
* Executive Committee Member of the Alumni Association of University of
Peradeniya in 2007
* Person in charge of the IRQUE Project Under the cultural Activities
of the University of Peradeniya in 2007