Dr. Shyamantha Subasinghe obtained his first degree, B.A. (hons.) with a First Class in Geography from the University of Peradeniya in 2008. He received his M.Sc. from Postgraduate Institute of Agriculture (PGIA), University of Peradeniya in 2013 and obtained the PhD from University of Tsukuba, Japan in 2017. He is currently a Lecturer.
- Ph.D. in Geoenvironmental Science (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- M.Sc. in Geo-informatics (Peradeniya)
- B.A. (Hons) in Geography (Peradeniya)
- Assistant Lecturer – University of Peradeniya (2011-2013)
- Visiting Lecturer – Postgraduate Programme, PGIHS, University of Peradeniya (Since 2017).
- GIS, Remote Sensing, Land Use Change Modeling, Urban Geography
- Ronald C, Murayama Y, Ranagalag M , Hou H., Subasinghe S, Gong H, Zhang X, Validating ALOS PRISM DSM-derived surface feature height: Implications for urban volume estimation, Tsukuba Geoenvironmental Sciences, (13), pp 13-22, 2017.
- Subasinghe S, Estoque RC, Murayama Y, Spatiotemporal analysis of urban growth using GIS and remote sensing: A case study of the Colombo metropolitan area, Sri Lanka, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, No 5(11), pp 1-19, 2016.
- Subasinghe S, Murayama Y, Urban growth evaluation: A new approach using neighborhood characteristics of remotely sensed land use data, Advances in Geographic Information Science, 2016, Springer.
- Murayama, Y., Ronald, C., Subasinghe, S., Hao, H & Hao, G. 2015. Land-use/cover changes in megacities in Asia and Africa, Annual Report on the Multi-use Social and Economic Data Bank, Statistical Data Bank Project, University of Tsukuba.
- Subasinghe S, History of Sri Lankan cartography (in Sinhala language), Parartha, No 3, pp 30-42, 2012
Membership & Awards (Selected)
- Member of Japan Geoscience Union
- Member of Association of Japanese Geographers
- Best Research Award for PhD thesis, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2017 April
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship
will be update soon